With a cornucopia of festivals being offered in Southern Ontario, many of us are stuck with the tough decision of choosing which festival (or festivals for the financially stable) to attend. Each festival offers unique features that make it stand out from the rest and persuades and entices its future attendees. From there we are left to choose which events best satisfy our festival cravings.
- The lineup. Included in the lineup are some of the most respected names in the electronic music industry, such as Benny Benassi, DESTRUCTO, and Diplo, as well as a few of the Greater Toronto Area’s absolute favourites, including Zeds Dead, Manzone and Strong, Deko-ze, Hunter Siegal, and up-and-comer Rezz. The versatility will provide attendees with a taste of a number of different sounds, different genres and different vibes throughout the weekend. Whether you are an EDM enthusiast, or attending your first festival, Ever After will inevitably have something to offer for everyone.
- The theme. I personally think the inclusion of a theme for a festival is pretty darn cool. It ties the whole weekend together and gives the festival-goers more of a wholesome festival experience. Some of the biggest festivals in the world are heavily theme based- TomorrowLand, Electric Forest, Electric Daisy Carnival, and now Ever After. Ever After has chosen a Fantasy Fairytale theme, complete with theatrical performers, theme inspired dancers, and visuals to match the theme. Should make for a memorable weekend!
- The location. Why Kitchener you ask? The KW area throws some of the biggest AND most affordable parties in Southern Ontario. With two universities and a college just down the road, KW is a lively place. For those seeking to party after the festival gates close at 11PM, there are a number of bars and clubs just a bus or cab ride away. I’m already hearing rumours through the grapevines of some potentially awesome after parties, so keep an eye out for them! For you Torontonians, you’ll love not having to pay $8.00 per drink and can even stumble upon clubs with drinks for as low as $2.25 (incredible right?).
- The venue. Bingemans is one of Kitchener’s entertainment hot-spots, with a number of on-site attractions including an outdoor pool area (which 19+ VIP ticket holders will have access to), a campground for those who choose to purchase a camping package, and a variety of food venders that will be brought in for all attendees to access. Bingemans is no stranger to throwing large parties, hosting an annual Oktoberfest celebration, one of the largest in the region, and Frosh Circus, the tri-cities’ largest and most vibrant Frosh week event. With rolling hills and wooded surroundings, Bingemans should provide a natural haven for festival-goers and will be the perfect backdrop for the fairytale theme.
- Ticket prices. A benefit of being a new festival, located outside of Toronto, is that Ever After can offer its attendees reasonably priced tickets. Super early bird tickets started at $99 and sold out within hours; general admission tickets are now at $140 and are expected to climb to the next tier soon. It is pretty evident that a lot of people are excited about this festival!Tickets can be found online here.
- One-day tickets! You guys have asked, and Ever After has answered. One-day tickets for Saturday’s festivities are available for those who wish to join the party on the Saturday only. One-day tickets are currently online for $65, which I personally believe is a steal for the lineup being offered. We do not see this awesome one-day option being offered at too many other festivals, so good job Ever After!
- Did someone say pool?! For those that purchase 19+ VIP tickets and 19+ SUPER VIP tickets, there will be access to the VIP beach and pool areas, as well as a number of additional special features including access to exclusive VIP areas, an exclusive VIP bar, and a t-shirt or hat, because who doesn’t love some merchandise? VIP tickets also get you booth service, and SUPER VIP offers bottle service. While these tickets are a little pricier than the general admission tickets, they are still under what you would pay at many Toronto festivals!
- Oh and I almost forgot, SUPER VIP tickets also gets you a meet and greet with selected artists! While we all giggled at the concept of a SUPER VIP ticket when we first heard it, it seems to make more sense now. Artists for the meet and greet have yet to be formally announced, but who knows, you might be walking away from the festival after shaking Benny Benassi’s hand, vowing to not wash that hand until someone makes you, or with Diplo’s fresh signature on your chest, ladies. Ever After has been having contents to win meet and greets. If you don’t want to fork over the money for SUPER VIP, you may still have a chance to meet some of your favourite artists. Keep an eye on their facebook page for more contests and announcements!
- Shuttle service. This will definitely come in handy after a few beers in the sun, or for those who have accommodations outside of Bingemans grounds. Ever After advertises that they will provide shuttle service from major transportation points within the city. This should make getting to and from the festival a whole lot easier, and relieve some parking lot Tetris.
- The vibes! Because who doesn’t love outdoor festivals! With a full weekend lineup, there will be plenty of time to experience all sorts of vibes and energies. Whether you like that upbeat, high energy environment, or like to sit back and take it all in, there will definitely be the opportunities for both throughout the weekend.
Gates will open at 11AM. We hope to see you there to enjoy this experience with us!
Nicole Robertson – EDM TOR